02:17
<domfarolino>
since all stylesheets referenced by <link> attributes are downloaded regardless of their media attribute values, can we say the media attribute isn't relevant to the HTML parser, but it is during CSSOM construction?
03:22
<GPHemsley>
this channel is always a great source of information about what life is like outside the U.S. :)
03:48
<GPHemsley>
hmm... http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/ hasn't been updated in a while, and the search feature is broken
03:48
<GPHemsley>
might be time to remove it from the topic?
07:00
<annevk>
domfarolino: I think that differs per browser
09:27
<annevk>
JakeA: what's the status of https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27875?
10:42
<JakeA>
annevk: happy for that to be closed. I can do the PR myself when we need to rework that bit of the spec
10:45
<annevk>
kochi: https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24379 seems relevant to your interests
10:46
<annevk>
kochi: do you think we still need that bug?
11:05
<annevk>
MikeSmith: there's a series of HTML checker related bugs https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=25552 filed by zcorpan
11:05
<annevk>
MikeSmith: it'd be interesting to know if you think those are worth fixing
11:05
<annevk>
MikeSmith: feel free to close them if not
13:16
<wanderview>
JakeA: btw, I had another bikeshed idea for isReload and maybe the client id attributes... https://pastebin.mozilla.org/9027718
13:18
<wanderview>
JakeA: wondering if it made sense at all to move all navigation related data into a sub-object... if its not a navigation then that whole thing is null... otherwise its all there
13:18
<wanderview>
maybe too annoying without a ?. operator in js
14:20
<JakeA>
wanderview: reservedClientId is also a thing for workers
14:20
<JakeA>
which isn't a navigation as such
14:21
<wanderview>
JakeA: ah, maybe I was thinking of "non-subresource"
14:22
<JakeA>
wanderview: I can't think of a good name for it… event.nextClient? But then you've got .trigger which is only navigations, not workers
14:24
<annevk>
JakeA: is trigger an enum?
14:24
<annevk>
JakeA: just make it the empty string or some such for workers?
14:24
<JakeA>
annevk: the current plan is for it to be an empty string for non-navigations, yeah
14:25
<wanderview>
yea, I was just bikeshedding another idea to make a data object for navigator/non-subresource requests
14:25
<JakeA>
annevk: the question is whether we want to group all these things in some kind of potentially-client-creating object
14:25
<wanderview>
since we have a collection of things that don't apply to subresource requests
14:25
<annevk>
<100 legacy HTML bugs (mostly closing stuff as WONTFIX though)
14:26
<JakeA>
but within that .trigger would still be an empty string for non-navigations
14:26
<annevk>
it seems somewhat reasonable, although tearoff objects can be annoying lifetime-wise
14:26
<wanderview>
JakeA: it may be annoying for devs if they have to check evt.request.navigation && evt.request.navigation.trigger == 'reload'
14:27
<wanderview>
since we don't have evt.request?.navigation.trigger
14:27
<wanderview>
or is it .?
14:27
<wanderview>
anyway, it was just a thought
14:29
<JakeA>
I don't have particularly strong feels, but yeah, the nesting would be annoying in JS. That may be solved at some point though.
14:30
<wanderview>
JakeA: I'm not sure we really need a video call on this issue... the other ones, though, I don't really have anything to add at the next f2f unless we brainstorm some more solutions to talk about
14:31
<wanderview>
which is why I nudged the list
14:34
<JakeA>
wanderview: yeah, that multi instance one especially :(
14:35
<JakeA>
I'll try and have a suggestion before we jump on the call. I think I've been avoiding it because it's hard :D
14:36
<wanderview>
JakeA: I can send you my thoughts in email if it would help...
14:37
<JakeA>
wanderview: ohhh do you have some ideas?
14:37
<wanderview>
JakeA: not necessarily solutions, no... I more just some thoughts
14:38
<wanderview>
nothing *actually useful*
14:38
<wanderview>
but I think we can approach it from a couple different angles
14:40
<JakeA>
would love to hear it anyway. Might spark something.
14:42
<JakeA>
Or post it to https://github.com/w3c/ServiceWorker/issues/756
14:47
<wanderview>
ok
17:46
<MikeSmith>
annevk: changed all those bugs to resolved=wontfix with a note that they should be re-opened in the github issue tracker if needed
17:46
<MikeSmith>
not sure any of them need to be
17:48
<MikeSmith>
down to only 85 open bugs at https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?component=HTML&list_id=67580&product=WHATWG&resolution=---
21:57
<jimklo>
greetings. I've got what seems to be a performance issue with the getter for TextTrack.activeCues in Electron (which would map to some version of Chromium). Can someone here point me to where I might go to seek help/assistance? Thanks.
21:58
<Domenic>
jimklo: I'd first test it in Chrome itself, preferably Canary. If the issue persists, then file on crbug.com. Otherwise, file on the electron issue tracker.
22:00
<jimklo>
Domenic: thanks! it just seems odd that reading from that getter should take > .6 secs.