00:29
<GPHemsley>
annevk: What was the context for your MIMEType object proposal? Just free-standing within mimesniff, or attached somewhere?
03:06
<KiChjang>
for the fetch standard here https://fetch.spec.whatwg.org/#concept-fetch
03:06
<KiChjang>
on the first step, it says "Run these steps, but abort if the ongoing fetch is terminated"
03:06
<KiChjang>
does that mean before every substep, we do a check and see whether it is terminated?
03:07
<KiChjang>
or does it mean the check is only done during step 1?
04:24
<annevk>
KiChjang: each, but that needs to be clarified with some Infra concept
04:25
<KiChjang>
annevk, ah ok, that's what i realized while reading other parts of the spec
04:25
<KiChjang>
however one natural question comes up - does it also include subsequent subsubsteps and subsubsubsubsubsub...
05:04
<annevk>
GPHemsley: free-standing
05:28
<domfarolino>
is this a mistake? https://usercontent.irccloud-cdn.com/file/QSJFBE2K/Screen%20Shot%202017-10-14%20at%201.28.21%20AM.png
07:00
<domfarolino>
or it's probably a joke..
07:07
<domfarolino>
annevk: Seems that in Request constructor step 15 substep 5 we set a request's referrer to client if the parsedReferrer isn't same origin w/ origin, however I get a TypeError when actually constructing a new request w/ crossorigin referrer, could you point out where we do this in the spec?
07:32
<annevk>
domfarolino: we changed the req, so bug
07:33
<domfarolino>
annevk: Ok I can make a PR to throw
07:33
<annevk>
Stylesheet overlap is intentional, but confusing
07:33
<annevk>
domfarolino: impl bug
07:33
<domfarolino>
ahhh
12:15
<GPHemsley>
annevk: I'm for it.
13:15
<domfarolino>
annevk: The test regarding https://github.com/whatwg/html/pull/2984#discussion_r144617841, where do you suppose the best place to put it would be?
13:36
<annevk>
domfarolino: hmm, html/ has directories per section, so presumably there's a fitting subdirectory somewhere
13:36
<annevk>
domfarolino: I can look in a bit
13:39
<annevk>
domfarolino: looks like it should be a new directory in html/semantics/document-metadata/
13:39
<annevk>
domfarolino: named interactions-of-styling-and-scripting
13:52
<domfarolino>
annevk: Cool thank you
23:01
<domfarolino>
Domenic: possible dumb question: Taking a look at the wpt PR where I'm adding the console IDL to /interfaces...why exactly are we using `namespace` for the console IDL though as opposed to just an `interface`? Is it because of the prototype = empty object requirement?