00:28
<GPHemsley>
Domenic: Hey, did jsdom/whatwg-url pass all those new tests?
00:29
<Domenic>
GPHemsley: yep
00:29
<GPHemsley>
cool
00:29
<Domenic>
https://github.com/jsdom/whatwg-url/commit/e6c485ee0f516ca2467fc87e0d240d8363a2cb8a
00:31
<GPHemsley>
oh, very nice
00:32
<GPHemsley>
Domenic: I assume you are aware of this but are not using it because of the commit hash thing? http://w3c-test.org/url/urltestdata.json
00:32
<Domenic>
GPHemsley: yeah
00:32
<GPHemsley>
k
00:32
<GPHemsley>
I was doing it the same way you were, link-wise, and then I found that
00:42
<Domenic>
Yeah, seems important to check in a last-known-passing revision if I want new contributors to get a passing `npm test` on checkout
11:23
<hsivonen>
Domenic: thanks. for Web workloads, encoding_rs decodes faster than ICU
11:24
<hsivonen>
Domenic: I haven't had the time to extract the non-ICU UTF-8 and windows-1252 decoders from Blink or WebKit to test those in isolation
11:25
<hsivonen>
Domenic: however, with TextDecoder, the overhead in Firefox and Chrome is pretty bad
11:25
<hsivonen>
Domenic: in Firefox can be larger than the time spent in the decoder
11:26
<hsivonen>
Domenic: I'd estimate that to be the case for Chrome, too
14:10
<JakeA>
MikeSmith: Is it possible to *not* have the TPAC service worker meeting on Monday?
14:43
<MikeSmith>
JakeA: you mean only have it one day?
14:44
<JakeA>
MikeSmith: Was the current plan to have it on Monday & Tuesday?
14:45
<MikeSmith>
it is now, because the W3C meeting planners have been trying to fit everything together, and that it where it ended up
14:46
<MikeSmith>
partly because the shadow DOM and custom elements meetings are now scheduled for Thursday and Friday
14:46
<MikeSmith>
and that seemed like the main thing we did not want to conflict with
14:46
<JakeA>
Ok, I'll check to see if we need both days & get back to you
14:47
<JakeA>
Our usual meetings are two days, but we only had one day at the last TPAC
14:47
<MikeSmith>
OK
15:48
<JakeA>
MikeSmith: Yeah, let's just do the Tuesday
15:48
<JakeA>
We'll ad-hoc more if we need to
16:24
<zsoc>
So according to the fetch spec here, for "To append:" https://fetch.spec.whatwg.org/#terminology-headers - it would seem that if header 'x-foo' already exists, and I want to append 'X-Foo': 'bar', my `header list` would end up with both, ala: { 'x-foo': 'bar', 'X-Foo': 'bar' } ... can that possibly be the spec here or am I misunderstanding?
16:25
<zsoc>
Nope, I realized I misread the moment after I typed that out heh... my bad, ty
17:35
<MikeSmith>
JakeA: OK
18:33
<domfarolino>
Hmm is whatwg.org down right now?
18:51
<cgbrewster>
domfarolino: its down for me :(
19:31
<Domenic>
blehhhhhh
19:32
<Domenic>
crack team of sysadmins alerted
19:53
<smaug>
Domenic: is what.org down or something ?
19:53
<Domenic>
Apparently, see above...
19:54
smaug
looks at the logs
19:56
<Domenic>
Server is sshable, probably a Dreamhost problem :-/
20:01
<Domenic>
Back
20:04
<domfarolino>
:)
22:37
<tobie>
Domenic: quite happy I'm actually implementing tests for [Default] toJSON() in idlharness. Helped uncover some corner cases around supplemental interfaces I wasn't aware of.
22:38
<tobie>
Domenic: in you add an interface J to https://s3.amazonaws.com/pr-preview/tobie/webidl/tojson.html#example-tojson-default-inheritance-and-mixins, and have `H implements J`, then that also gets accounted for with the current algorithm.
22:39
<tobie>
Domenic: I'm not too sure if that's a feature, a bug, or something we shouldn't care about until we add mixins
22:41
<tobie>
Domenic: (I'm tempted to wait for mixins)
22:47
<Domenic>
Heh, yeah... a feature I guess, but not something to worry about
22:54
<tobie>
Domenic: Think I'll be tackling mixins next, actually.
23:38
<jugglinmike>
tobie: Does WebIDL support comparing dictionaries for equivalence?
23:39
<jugglinmike>
I don't see anything to that effect in https://heycam.github.io/webidl/#idl-dictionaries , but it may be defined elsewhere
23:42
<jugglinmike>
I guess that's not hard to express in English, though. Maybe I can just write "If the value of each member of dictionary A is the same as the value of the corresponding member of dictionary B [...]"
23:42
<tobie>
jugglinmike: dictionaries aren't distinguishable, see https://heycam.github.io/webidl/#dfn-distinguishable
23:43
<tobie>
jugglinmike: so what's your use case?
23:45
<jugglinmike>
I'm working on a spec (Permissions) that supports "pending" operations, each associated with a dictionary. I would like to target that operation from another algorithm
23:46
<tobie>
oh, you can use infra notation to help with this
23:47
<jugglinmike>
Happy to educate myself. Could you point me in the right direction?
23:49
<tobie>
jugglinmike: https://infra.spec.whatwg.org/#maps (as described just below https://heycam.github.io/webidl/#ref-for-dfn-dictionary-member-default-value-2)
23:49
<tobie>
(was looking for the links)
23:50
<tobie>
jugglinmike: but you'll have to resort to prose
23:52
<jugglinmike>
got it
23:52
<jugglinmike>
thanks!